Position opportunity in Cedar Rapids, IA, Raleigh-Durham, NC, or Philadelphia, PA !
We use bold thinking, expert listening and digital momentum to innovate in education.
Convergians are bold, indispensable partners for client growth, trail-blazing catalysts for how people engage in digital experiences and data-fluent engineers at the forefront of every #edtech trend. We are digital experts in EDU marketing, employing sharp perception and digital dexterity to carve a clear path to ROI that keeps our clients way ahead of the curve.
Do you have what it takes to be a RFP/Proposal Specialist on our growing team?
At Converge, the RFP/Proposal Specialist is responsible for providing support to the business development team’s needs including: RFP responses, proposals, estimations and a variety of additional projects related to the sales process for client solutions. He/She is experienced in RFP efforts, developing proposals, has a good grasp of the different requirements and has proven success managing multiple projects to specific deadlines. This role establishes and ensures adherence to all proposal policies, procedures, and timelines to develop a submission that is technically and financially sound, responsive, compliant, and of the highest quality.
A successful candidate will
- Play a critical role in analyzing, coordinating and integrating qualitative and quantitative information in order to meet the company’s client servicing and sales objectives across business segments.
- Independently gather information to formulate inputs for RFP’s and proposals.
- Identify and research outliers and serve as the lead on questions associated with each RFP or proposal.
- Drive efforts for bid pursuits, including internal collaboration, tracking procurement opportunities, and providing guidance on or participating in pre-bid intelligence gathering efforts.
- Work with leadership to standardize RFP/Proposal processes, capture best practices and ensure proper documentation to support efforts.
- Maintain detailed records of RFP’s and proposals issued.
- Manage deadline dependencies across multiple data and content contributors.
- Coordinate with the business development team to review customer requirements and ensure an accurate scope of effort for pricing and delivery schedule considerations.
- Independently manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Help prepare expert-level strategy and presentations.
- Provide content and quality assurance support as needed.
- Be flexible and execute on other duties assigned.
- A bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications or marketing / advertising.
- Minimum two years with RFP/Proposal experience. Agency, higher education, communications, marketing preferred.
- Must be detail-oriented with excellent interpersonal communication skills and writing skills.
- Must possess exceptional time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent technical skills in writing, editing, formatting, research, negotiation, and verbal communications.
- The inter-personal skills to interact with a diverse set of clients from the president/CEO to entry-level positions and advanced to novice marketers.
- Ability to be highly-organized, think critically under pressure and manage to tight deadlines.
- Superior communication skills
- Organized with sharp attention to detail
- Agile, adaptable and positive
- Confident in his or her ability to deliver beyond expectations
- Strong relationship management
- Tenacious, action and results-oriented
- Strategic and analytical
- Competitive salary and professional development planning
- Medical and dental coverage
- 401(k) investment option
- Paid holidays (including the week off between Christmas and New Years!)
- Volunteer Time Off
- Opportunities to attend industry conferences for continued education and professional development
- A carefully-crafted culture that values leadership at all levels, new and next ideas, and client relationships with amazing results
This is a full-time position out of our office in Cedar Rapids. Sound like the perfect fit for your talents?