Converge Consulting, an Inc. 5000 digital agency specializing in the education market, is looking for intelligent and passionate candidates for our Senior Consultant position preferably on the West Coast, United States.
The Senior Consultant is a consultative, sales-focused individual with experience in digital/ technical sales in conjunction with student recruitment in a college or university setting. This individual can qualify right-fit opportunities and confidently build long-lasting relationships with our clients. The Sr. Consultant will also help clients understand the digital recruitment funnel and provide expertise on recruitment goals, touch points and results. A proven ability to prospect for and work with new clients while collaborating with the Converge team to develop qualified opportunities is a must. The Sr. Consultant is a team player with both hard and soft sales skills, a great attitude and the willingness to work hard.
The Sr. Consultant will play a key role in the following functions:
- Serving as the first point-of-contact for new potential clients, ensuring a positive initial experience with Converge. The Sr. Consultant will display a positive and professional attitude in person, on the phone and via electronic communications. He/she will utilize our CRM system and spend time researching and tracking contacts, creating funnel communications and moving inquiries through the sales process while documenting and reporting activities.
- Following up on leads to identify client needs and evaluate if opportunities are ideal for Converge’s capabilities and focus. He/she will involve digital advertising, content and web strategists to frame opportunities and articulate next steps for clients.
- Improving and maintaining visibility and transparency in our pipeline and new business process. This involves ensuring daily updates on in-process and emerging leads and accountability for moving the process forward.
- Conducting a digital recruitment assessment for prospective clients and providing well-thought-out strategy, perspective on enrollment goals, lead-to-conversion ratios and assessment of results.
- Experience with digital marketing solutions including digital advertising, web redesigns, content strategies and communication funnel plans, etc. is valued
- Experience with student recruitment for a college or university is valued
- Experience developing pursuit plans and implementing sales plans
- Past experience with top-level decision makers (VP and above titles, faculty members, PhDs and provosts) and comfortable interacting with them
- A strategic mindset to identify, evaluate and frame client opportunities aligned with Converge’s capabilities and focus
- Exceptional writing and communication skills to effectively and efficiently connect Converge and its clients
- The ability to own a room without overpowering it
- Comfort developing connections with people inside and outside of an organization
- The ability to multi-task and work efficiently and effectively in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Consultative by nature and able to ask smart questions, listen carefully and quickly grasp how client organizations work
- A focus on and attention to detail
- Strong presentation skills and comfortable presenting one-on-one and to executives
- An inquisitive, open-minded nature with an insatiable curiosity about what we do and how we do it
- Contacts in the higher education industry a plus
- A completed bachelor’s degree
- The ability to travel and visit clients/prospects as necessary
- Competitive salary and professional development planning
- Medical and dental coverage
- 401(k) investment option
- Paid holidays (including the week off between Christmas and New Years!)
- Volunteer Time Off
- Wellness plan
- Opportunities to attend industry conferences for continued education and professional development
- A carefully-crafted culture that values leadership at all levels, new and next ideas, and client relationships with amazing results