Senior Account Manager
Position opportunity in Cedar Rapids, IA, Raleigh-Durham, NC, or Philadelphia, PA !
Senior Digital Account Manager
The Sr. Digital Account Manager is a client facing role that strategizes, implements and manages search, display, social and retargeting digital advertising campaigns that are aimed at generating and managing internet-advertising based campaigns to surpass our highest priority client’s goals. The Sr. Digital Account Manager is also involved in strategy, thought leadership, product development, new business pursuits (complementing sales as an SME), creating reports that analyze the development, placement, and overall effectiveness of the campaigns he/she manages and shares that information with the client.
Our ideal candidate will not only fit our company culture, but will also step into an ownership role in client digital advertising. Our Sr. Digital Account Managers interact with internal and external stakeholders and provide insight on digital marketing projects. The Sr. Digital Account Manager will act as a strategic advisor to the client base. He/she will represent the client voice within Converge as decisions are being made for the account(s). At the same time, the Sr. Digital Account Manager will maintain a forward-thinking vision for Converge and keep in mind the organization’s business goals as they operate and influence on a daily basis.
- Manage top client relationships and deliverables (typical 5-7 key accounts)
- Work closely with multiple client stakeholders on an ongoing basis to discuss goals, identify opportunities and recommend services
- Communicate project development, timelines, and results with clients, teammates and management.
- Research, develop and execute well thought-out media plans based on client goals.
- Participate in thought leadership and product development
- Mentor Digital Account Managers and Account Strategists and provide training sessions for the team.
- Provide excellent customer service and be responsive to all client needs/requests according to service level agreements
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert while working with the sales team as they pursue new business.
- Proactively gain industry knowledge through agency resources, personal research and development of networking connections through industry organizations and events
- Use metrics/analytics to improve effectiveness of each client’s campaign
- With strategist, prepare monthly client activity and trend reports to review with client
- Communicate with clients (internal and external) as an expert in digital marketing.
- Develop and support client and company content marketing efforts including client case studies, webinars, blog posts, video blogs and more.
- Attend client meetings/status, and present plan components
- Evaluate new digital media, social platforms and advertising products that will better serve clients
- With strategist, test new platforms and executions to gauge effectiveness for further implementations and roll-outs
- Direct digital strategist on strategy and optimization for campaigns
- Travel to Key Accounts for review and strategy discussions as necessary
- Assist VP with proposals/RFP responses
- Serve as a spokesperson for the Account Management team alongside other internal key stakeholders when it comes to adoption of new process and/or when mechanisms are put in place to ensure successful growth for Converge
- Experience working with clients to develop digital marketing strategies and make recommendations for continuous improvement in campaign performance.
- 5+ years of experience with pay-per-click advertising on Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and social media channels such as Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pandora, Twitter, YouTube and more.
- Experience with programmatic display and retargeting strategies on various display advertising networks.
- Experience using Google Analytics and other data tracking tools and methods to prove ROI of digital advertising campaigns.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Google Analytics Certification
- Google AdWords Certification
- An understanding of the Higher Education Industry
- Leadership and Vision
- Strong relationship management
- Passion for the customer
- Innovative and creative thinking
- Action and results-orientation
- Strategic and analytical thinking
- Intellectual horsepower
- Technology Savvy
- Time Management Skills
- Organized and attention to detail approach
- Problem solving skills resulting in mutually beneficial outcomes